The following are some resources that are useful for fieldwork preparation.
- Wolcott, Harry F. 1994. Transforming qualitative data: description, analysis, and interpretation. Beverly Hills: SAGE., ch. 1-2, 5, Introduction to Part II, ch. 6.
- Schutt, Russell K. 2008. Investigating the Social World: The Process and Practice of Research. Thousand Oaks, CA: Pine Forge Pres, ch. 9.
- Wolcott, Harry F. 2005. The Art of Fieldwork. Walnut Creek, CA: Rowman Altamira, ch. 7.
- Lieberman, Evan, Marc Howard and Julia Lynch. “Symposium: Field Research.” Qualitative Methods 2(1): 2-14.
- Geertz, Clifford. “From the Native’s Point of View: On the Nature of Anthropological Investigation.” In Interpretive Social Science: A Reader, Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, p. 224-241.
- O’Brien, Kevin. 2006. “Discovery, Research (Re)Design, and Theory Building.” In Doing Fieldwork in China, eds. Maria Edin and Stig Thøgersen. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press, p. 27 – 41.
Patton, Michael Quinn. 1990. Qualitative research and evaluation methods. SAGE.
updated August 3, 2017 – MN